16″ x 39″ Regulator Helm Pad in Teak over Black color. Our brushed texture 13mm helm pads are designed to provide added comfort for those all day adventures on the water. Helm pads are backed with 3M™ pressure activated adhesive for an easy peel-and-stick installation.
Surface Prep: We recommend starting with Dawn Soap and water for your initial prep. Let dry. Then use Isopropyl alcohol to further clean the surface. Let dry. After, you will be ready to start laying down your product. Surface prep is very important for tape adhesion to deck. Due to varying factors during installation, we cannot warranty tape adhesion to deck.
HELM PAD CLEANING TIPS AND TRICKS:
This is a closed cell foam product. Once it is installed, it is now like any other surface on the boat. Like anything else; keeping it clean will help maintain that new deck look and feel. When it comes to messes and spills, tending to them as soon as possible makes cleaning that much easier. Hosing off the area or throwing a bucket of water on the mess to dilute it will make cleaning much easier once back at the dock.
GENERAL PURPOSE CLEANING
- Wet the deck
- Apply boat soap in a bucket or spread across the deck.
- Scrub deck with medium bristle brush.
- Allow to sit for 2-4 minutes.
- Rinse deck thoroughly with water
REMOVING FISH BLOOD, SUN SCREEN, OIL AND RUST MARKS
- ALL MESSES - Spray Nine® Heavy Duty Cleaner + Degreaser +Disinfectant
- Fish Blood (1-cup bleach per 1-gallon water)
- Rust Marks ( Marine grade rust cleaners)
- Sunscreen (General Purpose, Non Acidic Degreaser)
- Oil (General Purpose, Non Acidic Degreaser)
Steps to use:
- Wet surface
- Apply cleaner to affected area.
- Scrub area with medium bristle brush
- Rinse deck thoroughly with water • Repeat steps if necessary